Working with Documents
With a licensed version of Royal TS you can create, open and use multiple documents at the same time in one application instance. This unique flexibility enables you to work much more efficiently and organized. For example:
- As a consultant, you could create one document for each customer.
- Working in a team, you could work with one shared document for you and your team members and still open your personal documents at the same time.
Open multiple Documents
- On the Home tab, in the File group, click on Open.
- Select multiple documents (using SHIFT-CLICK or CTRL-CLICK) in the File Open dialog.
- Click OK.
If you already have one or more documents opened, you can create or open additional documents by just clicking on the New or Open command, on the Home tab.
Password Protect a Document
A Royal TS document can be protected by a password. Once configured, you need to enter the password to open a document. To enable password protection, follow these steps:
- In the Navigation panel, select the document to protect by a password.
- Right-click on the selected document and select the Properties menu item. Alternatively you can use the Properties command on the Edit ribbon tab.
- In the document properties dialog, select Security.
- Check the Enable Encryption option.
- Enter and confirm the password.
- Click OK.
Once you've configured the encryption password, Royal TS will prompt you to enter the password when you open the document or when you open the document properties dialog.
Save all Documents
On the Home tab, in the File group, click on Save All
Save All executes the Save command for all currently opened documents. You may be asked for a file name and path for new documents, which have never been saved before.
About File Formats
Royal TS V2 (for Windows) and Royal TSX V1 (for macOS) documents were saved to .rtsx files. Royal TS V3+ (for Windows) and Royal TSX V2+ (for macOS) can still open and save .rtsx files but by default Royal TS V3+ (as well as Royal TSX V2+) saves to a new file format with the extension .rtsz and provides the following benefits:
- Smaller file size
- Faster file access
- Better PowerShell scripting support
- Support for Complete File Encryption and Lockdown Documents
Close a Document
- In the Navigation panel, select the document to close or any object within the document you want to close.
- On the Home tab, in the File group, click on Close